January 27, 2014

week seven.

Well kids, here's where things get tricky. I really should limit myself to posting three pictures, because without any rules, I might post about nine dozen for week seven.

Because during week seven, we were in Rome. And in Vienna. And in the Netherlands. And I took more than three pictures that week, oddly enough.

I'll keep it short and sweet, and maybe if I'm feeling up to it I'll write a separate post on each city. I'm a moody sort of blogger, you know.


This is good picture to describe our stay in Rome. It summarizes our three days there well -- it was ridonkulous hot (Edinburgh made us soft) and we were in really old buildings for most of the time and the humidity made my hair dumb. Also at this point we had been up since 3:30 AM in order to catch our flight so I think we were going a little stir-crazy. Nothing like losing your sanity while wandering around the Colosseum.



Hi my name is Suzanne and I love Vienna so much that when our plane was swooping over the city there may or may not have been a little forming of some tears of happiness in my eyes. And then I had this weird goofy perpetual smile on my face for the whole two days that we were there. How can you NOT smile when you're standing in Volksgarten surrounded by dour old Viennese people and eating Manner cookies?


Here is Wayne on a very Dutch patio. This is evident by the copious amounts of flowers and shrubs. There are bikes everywhere. There is coffee and cookies being prepared just inside the kitchen for like the seventh coffee break of the day. We visited my Dutch rellies and it was lovely and we felt just like we were at home. 

I'll spend more time on these trips later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment