March 02, 2013

in like a lion.


In like a lion and out like a lamb! Unexpected surprise though -- the old adage has been 50% incorrect so far. I woke up on the 1st of March and stared at the ceiling and thought of lions and lambs and decided to do a quick sketch like this, but it's not entirely accurate for 2013 because yesterday we experienced a full day of blue cloudless skies and snappy sunshine. I think we had about two of those days in February, so this really was rather tremendous. Hopefully the weather doesn't get all ornery and throw us a snowstorm at the end of the month. Then I'd roar like that hairy guy up there.

A confession: I really dislike drawing animals, but I do it because I'm not comfortable with it and I won't like it until I'm comfortable with it which won't happen if I don't practise. They just have so many LEGS. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment